Americans nearly across the board favor the legalization of marijuana, a new poll finds.
Results from the poll conducted by Investor's Business Daily and TechnoMetrica:
- 63% of American adults support marijuana legalization, while 32% are against it.
- All regions of the United States support legalization, with the west leading the way at 72%. The northeast has the lowest support, at 55%.
- 65% of men and 61% of women believe the drug should be legalized.
- Support for legalization is at 69% among African-Americans and Hispanics, while 62% of whites support it.
- 89% of liberals back marijuana legalization, 67% of moderates support it, and 44% of conservatives are in favor of it.
- 89% of Americans aged 25-44 support marijuana being made legal.
Marijuana in various forms, from recreational to medicinal, is legal to use in several states.
The poll was conducted from July 25-Aug. 1 among 902 U.S. adults.
Please click here to read the original article in Newsmax.